Dear Friends of The Lotus Garden,
We’re so happy that we can welcome you back! However, we want to keep you and our gardeners safe while enjoying the garden, so we ask you to read the following guidelines carefully.
- First and foremost, remember to maintain social distancing (6 ft. apart) and wear a mask while in the garden. This is not only an essential measure to keep everyone safe, it is also a way of showing respect to our community.
- Please don’t come to the garden in a group of more than four people. We have limited the number of places to sit in the garden as a way of reducing the number of people in the garden at any one time. We also ask that that you limit your time in the garden if it’s getting crowded as a way of showing consideration to other keyholders.
- It saddens us to not be welcoming our West Side community to a Kids Arts and Crafts Day this year. Other events will be dependent on current Covid-19 risk factors.
- Please be aware that the tables and chairs will not be sanitized so bring your own wipes if that is a concern for you.
- Also, remember that no one is allowed in the shed except the gardeners.
These guidelines are intended to safeguard your well-being as well as the well-being of others. We’re so excited about opening up but we must maintain the garden as a safe place. If we find that these guidelines are not being adhered to, we may need to close the garden again.
Finally, we want to thank all of you for your support during this challenging time. Although we were closed for half of 2020, many of you donated extra money. We really, really appreciate your generosity. It makes a huge difference and has allowed us to refresh some plots, clean the ponds and prune the trees.
Enjoy the flowers and the trees and the very happy fish and chirping birds.